On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Sojan James wrote:

->Hi,
->
->> Is it true that linux does not support hard disks of 8GB or more...and if so
->> is there any way around this problem.
->
->I faced this problem when I installed RH5.2 on a system with a 10GB disk.
->I hope this has been solved in 6.0.

Large harddisk may have the problem of installing lilo, if the system is
multiboot.  But there are ways of subverting this problme too.  I do this by
creating a /boot partition within the first 1024 cylenders.  The rest of the
partitions can be anywhere.  I have used linux partitions as large as 9.1gb.
No problems

Nagarjuna