Hi,

Still not working.  I have installed StarOffice on root directory, any
problem?  My default xwindows is GNOME.  There is no files or directory
under /opt.

Anil.

At 10:46 AM 2/29/00 , you wrote:

>Hi
>
>  Sorry for the late reply,, if you are using RH6.1 with KDE, you can find
>staroffice in personal menu. I don't know about GNOME, I don't use it. But
>surely all KDE menus are accessible from GNOME and vice versa.
>  So I have even added to the panel.
>
>  HTH
>
>  Bye
>   Shridhar
>

>On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > >I have installed Star Office 5.1 on RH 6.1 box.  The installation went
> > >smoothly but after that nothing is added on Linux start button.  How do I
> > >start Star Office? Can anybody give some tips?
> > >

> > Have /opt/Office51/bin in your path.
> >
> > For the first time, type /opt/Office51/bin/setup.
> >
> > After that, you can start the SO, by entering soffice. Look into the
> > manual of your window-manager and add the entry soffice so that you
> > can get the same on the menu.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > sridhar

>LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
>to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
>to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.

paradigm TECHNOLOGIES Pvt. Ltd.
No. 28, McNichol's Road,
Chetpet, Chennai-600 031,
INDIA.
Tel: ++ 91 44   8257907 , ++ 91 44  8212763, ++ 91 44 8213654
Fax: ++ 91 44  821 0418
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Visit us: http://business.vsnl.com/paradigm