David Ford wrote:

> safemode wrote:
>
> > i'll get back about the latest xfree86 in about 2 hours .. but if anyone has any
>other ideas
> > or info i can give ...it's not problem.  test8 seems stable enough to keep itself
>up until
> > i'm ready to reboot.
>
> I should hope, I have a 20 day uptime so far.
>
> -d
>
> --
>       "There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are
>       virtue and talents", Thomas Jefferson [1742-1826], 3rd US President

hrmm..  It seems not even the mighty test8-pre6 can handle the cvs of X..  i'm using
90MB of swap
at the moment... and almost 4000 segments in shm..   it's like they never go away
unless i kill X
...    still trying to find the latest cvs..   it appears the module xc is not the
latest ..
confusing ..anyways ..  soon i will be compiling a new X and we shall see how it works.