>       So the question is, should I bite the bullet and try the driver?  Has
> anyone tried it?  Or should I just field out the cash for the router?
>
>       Further down the way I'd like to use 802.11, don't know if that
> complicates the situation even further.

I use the ADSL with sunrise too but with an analog line.
For use with various OS, I recommend you to use a ethernet ADSL router (the
mine is zyxel 642ME-11). This is my choice, but you can try a speedtouch
too, some examples of succesful use under Linux has been reported.

As I said, feel free to use english but don't be too hard with mine plz ;-)

--
http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/linux-leman/ avant de poser