From: brashier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: trouble with partitions
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:56:00 GMT

In my newbie wisdom, I thought to use an older pc only as a linux
machine. That's right, I completely deleted ALL the DOS partitions! Now
about 2 years later, I want to use the machine for something else and I
cannot undo my error.

The pc is running a basic version of redhat 5.2, (no peripherals, or
added apps) and the only utilities I have are the linux fdisk, and disk
druid. I want to reload the original os (w/95) and then go from there.
Any suggestions?

From: James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Cable modem, ethernet, and DHCP
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 05:59:03 GMT

Ha, lucky me.  The 3com site happens to be down!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (David M. Cook)
Subject: Re: using telnet
Date: 8 Oct 2000 05:59:31 GMT

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 11:41:01 +1000, Michael Ware <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello, are there any tutorial on using telnet from a windows machine
>connecting to RH6.2 machine, I will need to set up virtual hosts and server
>maintenance for my lan.  For example whats the easiest way to
>open/read/write a file back to the server?

You might want to look into putty:

Also, tera term has an ssh extension:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

ssh replaces many of the "r" services like rsh, rcp, etc., but is more
secure as it does not send passwords in plaintext.

You need an ssh server for the Linux side.  See www.openssh.com and
rpmfind.net for rpms.  RH 7 comes with openssh.

Dave Cook

------------------------------

From: "ss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RH 7 BASH problem
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 02:10:09 -0400

ok I just upgraded to RH 7.  How do I tell bash to look in /sbin for
commands?  I want to edit my search path but just can't figure out how.

ss

------------------------------

From: "Dan Jacobson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.dcom.modems,comp.infosystems.www.misc
Subject: Re: so what do I do with my spare modem bandwidth?
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 07:16:20 +0800

urm, thanks, but I would just like to comment from the point of view of us
off line modem costly time types, we wish these types of references would
have a tiny hint of what their content is given...
as they get put into the giant heap of URLs to check later, with no clue as
if I should put them on the first up to bat heap, or regular heap.

"Jan Schaumann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó
news:6ZGD5.14635$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

--
www.geocities.com/jidanni E-mail: restore ".com."  ¿n¤¦¥§
Tel:+886-4-5854780; starting in year 2001: +886-4-25854780

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: telnetd: /bin/login: Exec format error
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 06:13:33 GMT

Hi All,

When I telnet/rlogin/ftp my RedHat Linux 6.2 box, I got the
message "telnetd: /bin/login: Exec format error:" and I am not able to
get the logine prompt.

Then I tried from the Console, but when I try to login through any user
and write the  username at the login prompt, it comes back to the login
prompt without prompting for password.

I restarted the machine, but still I am facing the same problem.

Please help me.

Regards
Zeshan