On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Ken Moffat wrote:
> Hi Philips,
>  I dare say you'll see an announcement when Linus deems 2.4.3 is
> ready. If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you could always try the
> 2.4.3-pre patches from the 'testing' directory, but I expect I'll get
> flamed for suggesting that on a newbie list.
> ./Ken

Flame? no, but one should look at it this way.

If one wants his machine to lockup periodicly, have programs segfault due to
alterations in the kernel code, all sorts of configuration problems due to the
need of newer kernel utils which need to be installed, possably the need to
upgrade libarays at regular intervals, then i suggest one uses a 2.4.xx-pre
kernel or whatever.

The rule of thumb is, running a development kernel is not for the light of
heart, so the reason that the club of people here on this list say things about
development kernels lies in the reasons above.

If one is a newbie and needs to ask questions on this list then using a
development kernel is out of the question period.

No offence is meant to anyone by this mail, its just the facts.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]