At 12:26 AM 10/16/02 -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
>Last year I read about a version of visualbasic available to run on linux
>and think it was put under the gnu gpl license.  Thing is, I don't know if
>it runs only in the gui environment or can run in the text environment.
>If it runs in the text environment, the government could provide blind
>programmers with talking linux boxes and that visualbasic application then
>they'd be able to do development without the problems inherent with
>running windows for the blind and running vb6.

If it is the one I know of, "available" is a bit of an overstatement.

The Visual Basic for Linux project at Sourceforge (URL
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vb4linux/) was registered in October 2000,
has not released any files, has nothing in cvs, is listed as being in the
"planning" stage, and last updated its News page in November 2000.

There are a lot of Open Source projects that end up as nothing more than a
URL with a name and a vague concept; this appears to be one of them.

There ae some implementations of BASIC for Linux, but I know of no working
VB implementation. If you do, a reference to a URL would be helpful.