At 01:27 PM 11/29/02 -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> >The unzip utility does not extract the files, but simply lists the
> >contents of the ZIP files.
>
> It should extract them as its default behavior. How exactly are you running
> unzip and what exactly is it saying?

Here's an example. Root goes to the source directory and runs:

# unzip -v circuit-svg-gates*
Archive: circuit-svg-gates_library.zip
Length Method Size Ratio Date Time CRC-32 Name
-------- ------ ------- ----- ---- ---- ------ ----
6830 Defl:N 3053 55% 01-26-02 17:52 19a125f7 gates_library.eve
6830 3053 55% 1 file
OK. Well, all I would expect unzip to do is extract gates_library.eve out of circuit-svg-gates_library.zip . If it does not do so when invoked as you do ... does "unzip -d circuit-svg-gates*" do any better?

I didn't have much luck with a search, which is why I wondered about a
proprietary format.
What sort of search did you try?

If I Google the actual file name "gates_library.eve" (as usual, providing us with the details does help) by itself, I'm pointed to this URL --

http://www.goosee.com/

-- with indications that the file is a data file for the EmbeddedVectorEditor product they sell (or maybe give away .. some version is downloadable). It is unclear if it is in their internal (proprietary) format or in the SVG format they support, which they say is a W3C standard and can be viewed in a browser using an Adobe plug-in.

I assume you can take it from there.