I have a set of ZIP files (Windows) that contain many small B&W
drawings that I would like extract under Linux.

The unzip utility does not extract the files, but simply lists the
contents of the ZIP files. Each ZIP file has several archive files
with an .eve extension, and these in turn hold collections of image
files.

Why can't unzip extract the .eve files? What are .eve files? They may
be proprietary executables, but if not, I could not find any utility
to extract them into a format known to Linux.

Haines Brown