On Monday 09 June 2003 11:59, Chuck Gelm wrote:
> Hal:
>
>  I've created slackware-8.1-iso & slackware-9.0-iso CDROMs.
> I have exhausted attempts to use them as install media
> while booting from a single floppy.

The idea that has been adopted by Slack for booting from a cdrom is very easy
and AFAIK is going to be keep that way.
Are you saying that your cdrom does not boot the system and/or not find your
hardware properly.??

The idea is that you place the slack-9.0 disk in the cdrom drive and start the
system, at the "boot": prompt you type the kernel name of your choise.

Example;

boot: scsi.s

Read the file Slackware-HOWTO in the root of the cdrom paragraph 3.2 to see
which kernel you need.

I have never tryed to use just one bootdisk, 2 is then minimum i have ever
used. I have explained howto boot and install 9.0 with slackware-8.0
floppy's, that how i started my install for slack 9.

>  There ought to be a way to copy files from the CDROM to
> an existing hard drive partition (root file system). Then
> using a single boot floppy (selecting one that matches
> your scsi devices) to start an install.  However, it is
> beyond my knowledge.

One floppy no, 2 maybe.

You can always download the packages needed and place them on your HD.

> I am baffled.

Its all quite easy really.

--
Regards Richard