I posted a message about 5 days ago about troubles
setting a LAN. Well, i still having figured it out,
but have detected that i installed the wrong driver
for my card. I have a isa RTL8019, wich i found out
works with ne2000 support. But to set it i need to
know the io and irq adress... ¿how could i find them?
and also, after this ¿how do i made the proper changes
to my system?
I'm runing slack 9.1. the command lsmod says there is
a isa-pnp (wich could be my card), ifconfig only
detects a loopback (wich i don't really know what is,
but is not of any help) and i have no eth0 (wich seems
fine, since i have not been able to install any, but i
figure i need to do so, or not?)
Thanks.
By the way, the answers i got on the last post help
quite a lot, if not for solving the problem (wich was
imposible since i did not ask for the correct
information) for learning a few interesting things. Thanks!