Found isapnptools.
did pnpdump, but don't understand what is says! I
cannot copy isapnp.conf.sample here because my floppy
broke down (just to add more fun) and or course don't
have internet on my slack box.

It does say something like: minimum IO base adress
0x0280, maximun IO base adress 0x03e0. Tried both on
modprobe, none worked (when I see the syslog no card
was found with such an adress).

¿how do i know how to edit isapnp.conf.... ?

Also, on dmesg, it says:
isapnp: Card 'Genius LAN GE2000III Series Card'
isapnp: 1 plug & play card detected total.

Also, i wrote down the following before formatting
windows. It was using this:

Raltek rtl8019 or compatible
        i/o interval 02c0-02df
        Memory interval 000DC000-000DFFFF
and was using a NE2000.sys file for the device