On Saturday 03 January 2004 07:24, Ray Olszewski wrote:
> At 12:26 AM 1/3/2004 -0500, rob.rice wrote:
> >IF this card was ever installed by windows you may need to reconfigure the
> >eeproms in the card windows has a habit of rewriting the addresses
> >so that olny windblows can use the card I had to do this with an asanite
> >frindly net card what program you use demends on what card you have and
> >from what I foung on google.com/linux ne2000 is the driver you need so
> >this may be what the problem is
>
> Where did you find this? What kernel is it in reference to?
>
> I know of an "ne" kernel module (for NE2000 isa cards) and an "ne2k-pci"
> module (for NE2000 pci cards) ... but I've never seen a Linux kernel module
> with the actual name "ne2000" in any 2.2.x or 2.4.x kernel I've used.

Good comment Ray, btw the rtl8019 cards i ever used have ioport 0x300 set in
them, so doing the following should detect the card;

modprobe ne io=0x300

--
If the Linux community is a bunch of theives because they
try to imitate windows programs, then the Windows community

Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/