On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, James Miller wrote:

Are you sure your soundcard is not sharing interrupts with other device ?

Not totally, no. cat /pro/interrupts shows only PAS16 assigned to IRQ 3. But dmesg output has ttyS1 using IRQ 3. It's a bit confusing to me. I assigned it IRQ 3 because previously, when checking cat /proc/interrupts output I was not even seeing 3 listed. There's nothing hooked to ttyS1 btw. I suppose it's one of the machine's 2 serial ports.

This could be the problem. Interrupt 3 is allways assigned to serial port afaik.
Try to use another interrupt for the sound card.

-- ?