On 30 Jul 1998, Jodoin, Dominic wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me the difference between LILO and loadlin. I'm looking
>forward to install Winbloze95 and Linux (maybe Slackware) on my machine and would
>like to dual boot. Any help would be appreciated...

lilo is a multiple os loader, that resides on your  MBR and can boot
multiple operating systems: linux, nt, windows95 and maybe more in the
future

loadlin is used to boot linux while you are in dos or windows, from your
dos/fat/vfat filesystem. this means that your computer first boots into
windows/dos and then you use loadlin to boot linux.

Jimmy Z. Stergiou aka Hermes
[EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED]