> >     During install, I did notice a parameter file being written to =
> > c:\RH303.PAR.  Does this matter?
>
> Huum, are you sure,? then maybe you were trying to install under UMSDOS ??
> Stick to redhat ;-)

I remember installing an old version of Redhat once (a 1.2 kernel; in the
same CD set there was a slackware install with kernel 2.0, so I started
using slackware), and it made a config file on my C: drive to remember
config settings that are made before launching a Linux kernel. It has
nothing to do with UMSDOS whatsoever.

> >     Your help in getting over this stumbling block (ie Great Wall) will =
> > be greatly appreciated.
> >     Thanks,
> >     Bill
> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> There is only one great wall, thats the boarder line for China..

It was once, now the Wall is not a border anymore, just a monument that is
so large that it is hugely inconvenient to ask entry fees for it ;-)

> --
> Regards Richard.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Frank