You can put the password in your .fetchmailrc
heres what yours should look like:
---------------.fetchmailrc
poll deltanet.ro
protocol pop3
username bgd
password my_pass
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %s"
---------------.fetchmailrc

You can delete the last line if you don't use procmail.

I put the following line in my .xinitrc but you can put it where ever.
fetchmail -d 69
Hope this helps.

Make sure to "chmod 600 .fetchmailrc" and that it is owned by you.

On 21-Aug-97 Bogdan Taru wrote:

>       Hi all,
>  I know that there has been a lot of talk lately about fetchmail in this
> mailing list recently. I am sorry I didn't paid much attention then...
>  Anyway, this is my problem: I have a ethernet connection with a mail
> server (POP3) and I would like to retreive mail every now and then. My
> problems are:
>
> - should I run fetchmail as a daemon from a boot script and have a
> .fetchmailrc in my home directory or should I put a fetchmail command in
> my .profile?
>
> - How can I skip authentification? My account name on the server is 'bgd'
> and the passwd is 'my_pass' (can you believe that??? I DO trust you,
> guys...). The server name is 'deltanet.ro'. I'm currently using:
>
>    fetchmail -p POP3 -d 120 -u bgd deltanet.ro
>                |       |      |       |
>          mail server   |      |       |
>                        |      |       |
>               run as a daemon |       |
>                               |       |
>                           user name   |
>                                   mail server
>  Please corect me if I'm wrong...
>
> What options should I use to skip giving the password every time fetchmail
> checks for new mail???
>
> Thanks & Have fun,
> bogdan

--] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [--