Corrigan, Brian wrote:

> *       I keep getting a  NO OPERATING SYSTEM found message when I try and
> boot RH5 (MAnhattan) IVe installed lilo on the MBR of /dev/hda and I am
> partitioned as follows......   hda1:100mb swap hda2:4100mb main
> partition......  HELP!  why wont if find LILO

Don't have much to go on but;
It sounds like maybe a hardware problem.
Can you boot into Linux with a boot disk?
What does your lilo.conf look like?
Usually I've created the first partition to be the / and the swap goes
at the end. Is the / partition made active?
Here's my fdisk for my server, I first did "m for help"
notice "a   toggle a bootable flag", maybe your partition wasn't made
bootable?
   a   toggle a bootable flag
   b   edit bsd disklabel
   c   toggle the dos compatibility flag
   d   delete a partition
   l   list known partition types
   m   print this menu
   n   add a new partition
   p   print the partition table
   q   quit without saving changes
   t   change a partition's system id
   u   change display/entry units
   v   verify the partition table
   w   write table to disk and exit
   x   extra functionality (experts only)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/hda: 15 heads, 56 sectors, 989 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 840 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot   Begin    Start      End   Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1            1        1      965   405272   83  Linux native
/dev/hda2          966      966      989    10080   82  Linux swap

Command (m for help):