According to Jeremy Wiebe: While burning my CPU.

> Just my $.02.
>
> I had the same problem running RH 5.1 when I compiled 2.0.36.  I found that
> the rc.sysinit script was not finding the directory even though it was
> looking in the right place.  As far as I can tell, the steps that the script
> goes through is as follows:
>     1) Delete the symlink "preferred" in /var/modules
>     2) Look for the current kernel version
>     3) Make a symlink called "preferred" to the directory in /var/modules
> that matches the booted kernel version
>
> For some reason it didn't work, so I just took all that out of the scripts
> since I don't make changes to my system often.  Some of the others on this
> group may have comments as to if this is not wise.  If so I invite comments.

Considering there are so many messages about modules and redhat 5.1
concerning the "preferred" symlink, would you "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" send me
the script which calls this funtion, i do not have redhat 5.1, but the last
script i saw from a redhat 5.1 had a fault in it which would fail to do what
it was supposed to do.

Futher more, whats this about /var/modules, i think it should be
"/lib/modules" ????

Modules reside in /lib not /var, or am i "out of date" ???

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).