Richard Adams wrote:
<snip>
> On another note, yesterday evening i was chatting to a Unix guru (also a
> good friend of mine), he said he was having problems with slackware 3.6 and
> modules, he also uses 2.0.xx kernels, he reported the same sort of problems
> which have been discussed here eariler, we came to the conclustion that
> quite possably the cause of the "cant find modules" and some other problems
> "may" be because newer distributions install 2.1.x-modutils. In the
> /usr/src/linuc/Documentation/Changes file it states modutils 2.0.0 for
> 2.0.xx kernels.
>
> My friend will try an older version of modutils as soon as he gets time.
> When he lets me know the results i will inform you all about his findings.
> At the moment its pure speculation as to that being the cause.
>
> --
> Regards Richard.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Merry Xmas to all, and may all your troubles be small (ones).

I'm using kernel 2.0.36 with the older modutils that came with Slackware
3.4 - in fact I just did the upgrade to 2.0.36 earlier this week.  Went
flawlessly.  Sounds like the modutil version is a likely culprit.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"