> XFCom.... requires XFree86 >= 3.3.2.  Fine. So I went to xfree86 org and
> got the required files for the 3.3.3 release.  I ran the preinst.sh
> script it was OK, and then I ran the postinst.sh script and it ran OK.
> But then I went back to install the
> rpm -ivh XFCom......rpm
> and got
> XFCom.... requires XFree86 >= 3.3.2 again.

As I recall, you need to also use the tar utility that comes with the
XFREE86 distribution to untar the packages after your preinst.sh script.
This is documented in the INSTALL readme file.  I'm guessing you didn't have
all of your packages untared for the postinst.sh script.

Adrian
--
Adrian Nagle             Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
Thermal Engineer                               P.O. Box 1062