Hi Michael,
        I have an Acer Extensa laptop with the neomagic card. I got x windows
working with just the svga server at 1024 x 768  in 8 bit mode and 800 x
600 in
16 bit mode. If you visit the redhat site there is meant to be support
for
the neomagic card. Try also the linux on laptop homepage at

http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

also for more info on the neomagic card try

http://www.mnsinc.com/js/Neomagic.html

hope this helps

Johann

--
Johann Kwiatkowski
Spot The Dog Graphics
P.O. Box 79, Moorooka,
Qld, Australia, 4105
mobile 0418 797 419
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
begin:          vcard
fn:             s142433
n:              ;s142433
adr:            P.O. Box  79, Moorooka;;;Brisbane;Queensland;4105;Australia
email;internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:       61 7 0418 797 419
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE