Michael Stearne wrote:

Hi Michael, hello all ppl in here,
after 7 months I'm finally back in this mailinglist again :)
How are you doing ?

> Which is better, KDE or gnome?  From what I understand they both
> run below your current window manager and handle other things like > drag and drop
>and clipboards.

I like Gnome better nowadays, although I don't like the small font
that Enlightenment comes with (Gnome 0.99.8)...
I used KDE a lot last year (Alpha's, Beta's and such :),
but the qt-discussions got me bored, and I disliked the white
backgrounds in the apps, I like dark colours, like in WindowMaker
a lot :)

> Also, as far as window managers, are there any that look like MacOS
> (although MacOS X looks similar to NextStep, so they're getting
> similar anyway).

Take a look at http://www.plig.org/xwinman, there's a link to a
MacOS-clone-windowmanager (there's also a "new" Mac-emu vMAC),
and have some more stuff at http://www.linuxberg.com
and http://freshmeat.net :)

> Michael

greetings,