De: Zainal Abidin ACN [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Date: vendredi 26 février 1999 11:05
À: linux newbie
Objet: Two newbie's question

Hi,

I'm a newbie on this great OS.
I have two questions now.
Anybody can help, please.

1st question;
  I have two HDs;
  -6GB on which I have Win98 installed and
  -1.2GB with a map like this: -200MB, FAT16 DOS partition
                               -the rest, Linux Swap&root partitions
                               already both installed & running.

  I usually work like this;
  -If I want to work with Win98 I connect the 1st HD as master,
   dosn't matter with the 2nd HD.
  -But if I want to work with Linux I have to switch the HDs first.

  Can I [re]install my new RedHat Linux 5.1 onto my second HD attached
  as primary slave without disturbing my Win98,
  in order to avoid that so much hassle job?
  In other word, can I install Linux onto second HD second partition?

  Any guidence on the install process is higly appreciated.

2nd question;
  What does this message mean:
  /dev/hda3 was not cleanly unmount, check forced

  While this message is displayed the booting process seems to be
  stopping. But after a quite a long time I was suprised it continue
  the booting.

Thanks.

Zain