You need to tell us what fsck is reporting, not "something like" what it is
reporting. Most likely, fsck is encountering a problem and telling you what
has to be done to fix it, but the messages aren't always easy to understand.
Also, remind us of what your drive setup is -- how many drives, ide or scsi,
and how they are partitioned.

Oh, and what does "NO LONGER RECOGNISES THIS DRIVE" mean? Do you get a
boottime error message? Can you not mount the drive by hand from the command
line? Can you not cd to it using its standard mount point? Something else?

At 12:23 PM 2/28/99 +0200, Zainal Abidin ACN wrote [abridged]:

>I've got new problem here with my second drive, a big one I believe.
>Oo PLEASE, I hope there will be sulotion to this.

>so I ran : fsck.ext2 /dev/hda3 manually.
>
>But, it also failed to finish the checking, displaying repeated likely-
>unfinished messages which I didn't really get it.
>(something like recovering allocation process).
>(Was it because I once found bad sectors on this disk under Win98?).
>
>So, after about one hour (no notion it'll finish), helplessly I just
>pushed the reset button.
>
>And, .... (guess what happen next)
>ON THE FOLLOWING RESTART, MY MACHINE NO LONGER RECOGNISES THIS DRIVE!
762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.321.3561 voice     650.322.1209 fax          [EMAIL PROTECTED]