:----------------------------------------------------------------
:---  Michael B. Trausch, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  100% MS Free!  ---
:----------------------------------------------------------------
:Tagline for Tuesday, April 13, 1999
:
:There's no future in time travel
:
:LinuxTaRT version 2.27
:----------------------------------------------------------------
:---            See if I'm Online by checking out:            ---
:---       http://www.wcnet.org/~mtrausch/status.html         ---
:----------------------------------------------------------------
:---        Web Site:  http://www.wcnet.org/~mtrausch         ---
:----------------------------------------------------------------
:On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, LENGARD Pascal OCISI wrote:
:
:LPO>Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 10:08:13 +0200
:LPO>From: LENGARD Pascal OCISI <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:LPO>To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
:     Blue Ink Press <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:LPO>Subject: RE: Questions, questions, and more questions
:LPO>
:LPO>nearly all ISP uses raw ethernet TCP/IP (cable modem) or ppp or slip
:LPO>all these connection methods are supported by LINUX so even if the ISP
:LPO>does not support LINUX chances are that LINUX can be used anyway.
:LPO>
:LPO>you can install software packages when you want, add some and suppress
:LPO>others just when you want.
:LPO>all distributions have a mean to do that (redhat rpm software packages
:LPO>are wellknown and easy to install/uninstall with "rpm" or "glint").
:LPO>
:LPO>x-windows is just a "GUI engine" that can not help a lot without fine
:LPO>tuned window managers or integrated environment. if you don't like yours,
:LPO>either tune it to your preferences or install another one (kdeand gnome
:LPO>are best suited if you want a windows95 feeling)
:LPO>
:LPO>a good wordprocessor ? try wordperfect and staroffice, both a free for
:LPO>home use.
:LPO>pascal
:LPO> -----Original Message-----
:LPO>From: Blue Ink Press [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
:LPO>Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 8:38 AM
:LPO>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
:LPO>Subject: Questions, questions, and more questions
:LPO>
:LPO>Are there any free ISP's that support Linux?  Is it possible to install
:LPO>more Linux software after the initial installation without starting all
:LPO>over again?  Can you recommend any Linux sites that have interesting
:LPO>Linux
:LPO>software besides the packages for the distribution? Xwindows doesn't look
:LPO>as sophisticated or interesting as Windows 95', how can I change that?
:LPO>What's a good wordprocessor for Linux?
:LPO>
:LPO>NetZero - We believe in a FREE Internet.  Shouldn't you?
:LPO>Get your FREE Internet Access and Email at
:LPO>http://www.netzero.net/download.html
:LPO>
: