I don't know what this mailing list stuff is.  If someone can read this
message please answer my question.  I have an old computer--but it gets
my job done.  I am planning on buying a new DELL in the fall and want
to run Linux on the old one.  Can anybody please tell me where I can
find a basic version of Linux.  I have read so many books on Linux,
Linux installation, Linux networkin etc.  Now I want to use the OS.
The computer I want to run linux on is a 486MHz, with 4Mb
RAM(not-upgraded.  I can add more memory), 170 MegaByte Hard Disk,
CD-ROM included so I can install from that drive.  If anyone can give
me the web-address or a distributor it would be of great help.  I hate
networking with windows 3.11 and want to use linux instead.  Help!!
Thank You in advance