Many modems work fine. Almost any external modem will work. Some isa-but
modems will work. Almost no pci-bus modems will work (I've read of only one
that will).

For details, take a look at  the Linux modems reference site (at
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html).

At 11:08 AM 5/10/99 -0500, Vox wrote [in part]:

>:)  The question is...what modem DOES work with Linux? a 56k would be best,
>but even a 33.6 would be ok...so...what brands/models do you people recommend?

762 Garland Drive
Palo Alto, CA  94303-3603
650.328.4219 voice                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]