On Sat, 15 May 1999, Ray Olszewski wrote:

> You can get this info from your log files by looking at the timestamps for
> the start and end of pppd processes. Or do you need something more active
> than this? You could, I suppose, add some sort of time logging to the
> scripts that start and end the pppd connection -- I did this years ago for a
> Linux host that was acting as a terminal server, providing shell and ppp
> access over 8 modem lines.

I'm not good enough to write programs yet, that's why I'm asking.  I want
to know if there's already a program available that I can run and it will
just plop, give me the connect time.  there is a program that i seen once
for X that will do this, but i don't use X and so I want to know if
there's one for the console.

If no one can point me to one, then I guess I'll just have to wait for it
until I can afford more books on programming and programming for Linux and
then I'll write one myself.

I would think that somewhere, Linux would do some sort of accounting for
something like that, wouldn't it?

Michael B. Trausch
President of Linux Operations, ADK Computers
ADK Computers, Walbridge Office      E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              "Scattered showers my ass!" - Noah