Hi Chuck !

        Thank you for your email !!

> I've been using the 192.168.x.x group.
>There are over 64 thousand addresses in this (smaller) group.
>IP addresses are assigned to each network interface, either
>dynamic or static.  There are over 16 million address in
>10.x.x.x group.  If you need more than 16 million addresses,
>I am nervous that you are posting in the 'newbie' list. :-|
>;-)

        Errrr, i just need three as far as i can see, maybe four if i can afford a
laptop someday. I finally changed everything to 192.168.x.x adresses and it
still works fine, woohoo. I can ping each station and they reply in a
reasonable amount of time. Now heading to setup samba services........let's
see how many questions i have to post for that, hehe.

        Thank you and thanks to all the others who answered to my posting. It is
just one other thing i'd like to know, is there any source of literature
where the IP adressing is explained ? Would be a great thing to learn
about, both for private and professional use.

                Greez

                        Dave