>On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:03:11 -0700, Tom Taylor wrote:
>
>> Hi fellow Tuxers:
>> Not an earthshaking problem but, does anyone know of a way to save man
>pages without the display formatting (highlight, color, etc.)?  I want to
>print it out from my as yet unsupported by Linux printer which is on my
>WinNT box.

Hi,
   The simplest thing to do is to convert man pages to text would be to use col.
Please read thro' the man pages for col(no pun intended) for more info on col.
What you can do is :
   $ man reqd_man_page | col -b > man_file_in_text
where reqd_man_page is the keyword/command you want to read the man page for
and man_file_in_text is user specified file to contain the man page info in text.

Hope this suffices,

- Venkat