On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Jon Pennington wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:03:11 -0700, Tom Taylor wrote:
>
> > Hi fellow Tuxers:
> > Not an earthshaking problem but, does anyone know of a way to save man
> pages without the display formatting (highlight, color, etc.)?  I want to
> print it out from my as yet unsupported by Linux printer which is on my
> WinNT box.

Try this: "man <topic> > somefile.txt"  That redirects the
output to a standard textfile. Admittedly, you'll probably
need to "clean it up" a bit to get it to where you would
WANT to print it... That's what I did from a telnet session
so I could read up on the "e2fsck" command before going out
the next day to clean up a client's machine. :-) (just had
to make sure I remembered how to do it <G>)
        John