On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:03:11 -0700, Tom Taylor wrote:

> Hi fellow Tuxers:
> Not an earthshaking problem but, does anyone know of a way to save man
pages without the display formatting (highlight, color, etc.)?  I want to
print it out from my as yet unsupported by Linux printer which is on my
WinNT box.

This isn't much help but...

  I do remember seeing a utility that would convert the man source to txt.
I know that there are ways to convert sgml source to plain text, but if you
can't get the sgml...

  What do you get if you cd to /usr/man and uncompress the .gz files that
sit in the appropriate command's directory?

-=|JP|=-  (Resident GNUbie)

Jon Pennington             | SuSE Linux 6.1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  | Kernel 2.2.7+
Kansas City, Missouri, USA | K6-2 350