Hi,

I tried all your suggestions about the minimum X desktop allowing to use
StarOffice.

To run StarOffice at least twm is necessary. It works OK because twm
(and the X) takes only 13 M of memory. The remaining memory untill 64M
is enough for StarOffice to run without swapping.

So I made two users for myself, one is with twm and StarOffice and the
other with KDE and the other applications.

It is a way to make a compromise using AfterStep. AfterStep takes only
17M of memory and StarOffice still runs withot swapping but at the
limit  of the memory. The last AfterStep is nice. There are ways to put
your own background and sounds on it and to add applications on
themenu.I am working on it.

For those who have printers Canon BJC-240,
I found out that it prints in colors using the filter for Canon BJC 600
(from RedHat printer-tool).
I cofigured Linux and StarOfice like having two printers and I change
the command for printing according the cartrige I put in the printer.
So I have now StarOffice printing in colors on my cheap printer.

Regards

Cristian