Ahhhh....

The jumpers were set for PnP (but I turned that off in the setup (F2 at Boot).

I set them to Comm1, which was the easiest. I wasn't sure about the
diagram. No
jumpers was PnP and all jumpers was Comm1. It was on the back so
depending on
how you turned the card over you could read the other two options backwards.

So now I will switch minicom to ttyS0. But am I going to interfere with
anything else? Should I pull the other cards to determine how they are
set. I
assume you can conflict pretty easily this way.

BTW. (off topic) I just saw a fire engine laying face down on it's side
in a
gully down the street from me. I'm in Denver. Streets are getting pretty bad
(snow and ice). Considering they are open in the back of the cab somebody's
hurting. Ouch.......