You got a detail wrong. In the Masq'ing stuff, you entered the network as

>MSQ_NETWORKS="192.168.0.0/24"
                       ^
But the actual network is 192.168.17.0/24
                                  ^^

So your LAN (probably) isn't being Masq'd peoperly. Try fixing that. (BTW,
my uncertaintyhere  comes from not being a SuSE user, hence not being
familiar with the details of its configuration files.)

And for future reference: "route -n" provides the routing table in a form
more useful for troubleshooting than "route" -- it lists IP addresses, not
hostnames.

At 09:08 PM 1/26/00 +0100, James (Jim) Hatridge wrote:
>Sorry, I'm using SuSE 5.2 with kernal 2.0.33. Both systems are 486s. Opus
>is 66mhz with 8mb ram & CW is a 100mhz with 32mb ram. I have the firewall
>software on both machines but turned off.
>
>I believe I've got everything set up like you said. When I ping the net
>with Opus, no problem. But with CW I get this:
>
>------------
>CW:/root # ping 195.189.80.67
>PING 195.189.80.67 (195.189.80.67): 56 data bytes
>
>--- 195.189.80.67 ping statistics ---
>20 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
>CW:/root #
>Here is the MSQ part of Opus' rc.config file:

>IP_FORWARD="yes"
>
>MSQ_START="yes"
># MSQ_NETWORKS="192.168.17.42"
>MSQ_NETWORKS="192.168.0.0/24"
>MSQ_DEV="eth0"
>MSQ_MODULES="ip_masq_cuseeme ip_masq_ftp ip_masq_irc ip_masq_quake
>ip_masq_raudio ip_masq_vdolive"

Palo Alto, CA                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]