> Ok, things are starting to work out.  RE: my previous problem with my
> install - I reinstalled and it worked out fine.

> My new problem is when I try to connect with kppp I get this message:
>
> Sorry, can't find modem
You will probably need to install a Modem, check that your Bios is set to
NON PLUG & PRAY OS . Boot into windoze and check what modem you have
installed and which COM port it is installed on . Good point now, is it a
Winmodem??, as a rough guide if it is PCI it is , however external and the
old isa modems are not normally Winmodems.
Ray & Lawson on this list can you point you in the right direction to see if
it is a Winmodem

type chmod 4711 /usr/bin/kppp

edit /etc/ppp/options  and remove the word lock from it

You type modemtool at the command line and select your modem as it appears
in Windoze

you then run  KPPP &  or of the the start menu
and click the setup button
Click device
Then select /dev/modem
I believe
ttys0 is com 1
ttys1 is com 2
ttys2 is com 3
ttys3 is com 4

and setup the rest of the info as in dos.

now you may get various error messages, eg modem not responding or modem
busy or cannot find modem when you go to connect. I would suggest that if
you get these wait a few seconds and try again.

Whatever happens tell me about it as I would like to know

lots of love Jill