Ray,

I did look at the apache logs & found no record of refused connections.
I'll try to take a more detailed look at it and the other logs when I get
back there tonight.

In the time it took (about 5 minutes) to get from where the server is to
my office, something happened and it's refusing connections again.

So now I have a theory.  Could it be something to do with the automatic
power management features on the motherboard?  Maybe if it goes into some
sort of sleep mode, it won't wake up unless someone uses the keyboard or
mouse?  (Of course, it wasn't doing this before last week.)  I do notice
that every time I arrive, the screen is in sleep mode, so next time I'll
try connecting to it from another computer without actually touching the
server first.

jeff