Thanks for the help, guys.  It turns out that I should have taken more
time to look at the DNS issue.  We're the bastard stepchildren here and
WSU apparently decided that someone else could use our IP addresses,
without telling us.  That's why I couldn't get into the server--the IP
address and DNS record were pointing to another machine, so things were
acting weird.  They're _still_ acting weird, but at least we know what we
need to do.
Jeff