Chris Wrobel wrote:

> blackbox is a window manager just like Gnome or KDE but a lot more slick
> looking, or rather simple, its uses very little memory and thus allows
> other programs like netscape to run smoother,
> Have a look at http://artramp.org/blackbox/profiles.phtml click on Kemical
> thats my nick and have a look at my screenshot to see what it looks like,
> you can get more info about it on http://bb.themes.org
> Give it a try it is very simple that's what I like about it...
> Later...

Well I have had the pleasure to see you :-).

I have downloaded the 0.6 version, but needs:

configure: error: Blackbox requires the X Window System libraries and
headers.

Thought that I had this installed, but no.

I have the SuSE 6.3 on this computer, and think it should be on the
cd's, but cannot
find them.

Could you please give me a hint ?.

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
>
> > Chris Wrobel wrote:
> > >
> > > Try using a window manager of a small memory footprint like blackbox or
> > > window maker,
> > > gnome and kde are resource hogs and I dont like them even with my AMD-K6-2
> > > 450 and 64 mbram, things are a lot more robust in blackbox
> >
> > Hi Chris. What's blackbox ??.

> > Erik.
> > --
> > **************************************