Hi,
I've been using linux's raid support for months, but lately, due to lack of
additional disks for testing, i tested raid-1 (mirror) using two partitions
of a disk, /dev/hda5 and /dev/hda6, where each mirrorring the other. With
the metadevice active,  i deleted from fdisk one of the disks (/dev/hda6)
and rebooted to see if i get the mirror. It works naturally. But when i
re-created /dev/hda11 on fdisk, i get errors after writing:

"Partition table written to disk but partition re-read failed."

As a result, I cant re-add /dev/hda6 to raid. Even if i stopped the raid
device, I also cant create a file system on /dev/hda6. mkfs complains it is
busy when it's not being used actually. It even complains no fs can be built
coz it's size is 0Kb.

Anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks a lot.

Christie

PS.

btw, i followed that thread re: cc'ng to the list. I think it would be neat
if the admin of this list should set a Reply-To header at the majordomo
config.