An update:

*LAN9221 and GPMC off the hook?*

We've isolated the GPMC away from this I believe by disabling the LAN9221 in
both our bootloaders and the kernel and by booting everything off the SD cards
only.  By removing it's initialization code from the respective board files, I
*hope* we've basically removed it from contention.  Obviously the chip is still
wired up, but I don't expect the bootloaders or kernel to be trying to talk to
it.  Likewise, the NAND is being initialized, but we're not mouting or using it
at all.

With these changes we're still seeing these crashes, albeit with the same
incredible lack of frequency.

*EMAC now _partially_ on the hook?*
I posted a seperate thread on what I think may be a related subject, potential
Davinci EMAC problems, here:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg71833.html.

As you can see from the crashes posted there, there seems to be a bit of
whining from the EMAC driver.  Since performance in the EMAC <=> EMAC case has
always been questionable anyway, any chance there is a tiny memory leak or
something similar that could be contributing?

What about configuring this EMAC from within u-boot?  Could that initialization
do something bad when we get into Linux?  I've not touched these drivers.  I've
simply called them like other boards in the family are doing.

Just this morning, I upgraded to the latest linux-omap 3.5-rc2, but still saw
one of these crashes pretty quickly...

*Power stability?*

We're learning through all of this that our boards do appear to have some funny
transients running through the power circuits every so often.  The ones we've
captured on the scope have not caused crashes or hard lockups, but they are
there.  This could be a dumb question, but could power issues create a slab
error like this???  I guess I'm more accustomed to seeing power issues result
in more hard lock ups than a nicely worded dump with the kernel sometimes still
somewhat functioning.

Can anyone suggest to me anything I may not have tried to get more information
out of these crashes when they occur?

Thanks again to all!