On Wednesday 27 January 2010, patrick_b...@dell.com wrote:
> By Console Redirection we mean serial port console redirection. The
> interface works fine over the iDRAC virtual KVM. This was decided since the
> Lifecycle Controller uses a graphical interface.

At first your description seemed great but as more information trickles in it
seems less and less useful.

The idea to do firmware upgrades "before OS" is great, but feeding and
triggering this has to be done in a scalable way.

Why not simply upload firmware blobs (or URLs to such) to the MC/DRAC which is
then applied at next reboot (result logged to SEL).

Just my $0.02,
 Peter