We don't use OMSA here but do use ipmitool extensively.  This may get
you what you need.

Load the following kernel modules first:  ipmi_si, ipmi_devintf,
ipmi_msghandler
Give it a few seconds and then run:
ipmitool sdr type Fan

It can also be run remotely against an iDRAC (or BMC).

We have had thermal issues before and it was almost always the result of
thumbscrews that weren't in all the way.  There definitely could be a
different issue though.

Ryan

On 12/08/2010 02:49 PM, Erich Weiler wrote:
> Yeah, I tried OMSA, but for the life of me could not get it to read
> anything from the IPMI/BIOS interfaces.  No idea why.  I may just have
> to reboot and go into the BIOS manually and see what I can see there.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On 12/08/10 13:49, Bond Masuda wrote:
>> Have you checked the fan speeds? Are they at full throttle? I don't know
>> much about the R910, but usually you can get fan speed readings from
>> OMSA.

Ryan Cox
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab