Osma Ahvenlampi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alvin Oga) writes:
>  > for larger systems/clusters:
>  > what about the linux High Availability project ?
>  > and/or the beowolf project ?
>
>  No Linux project I know of can yet provide generic failsafe clustering.

If you mean to be able to recover from a CPU crash in the middle of a
transaction - OK. But it's definitely not what the original poster had in
mind. All he needs is two boxes configured in a failover manner. There are a
couple of packages ($$ and free) available for Linux that do just that. I
believe the HA project should mention them, if not - I can search in my
bookmarks. In fact, before any of the packages were available (for Linux,
that's), a couple of years ago, we developed a home-brew
protocol/server/client suite that has been providing a failover link plus a
primitive load balancing between a Linux and a Solaris boxes, serving a
bunch of virtual domains.

Regards,

Evgeny

  / Evgeny Stambulchik  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  \
 /  Plasma Laboratory, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel \  \
 |  Phone : (972)8-934-3610  == | == FAX   : (972)8-934-3491 |  |
 |  URL   :    http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/~fnevgeny/  |  |