>  > From: Michael
>  > The Root Raid HOWTO is seriously out of date and is based on the 0.42
>  > raid tool set. The current .9x tool set is different in it's setup
>  > and configuration. Raid is still alpha but seems to be pretty stable now
>  > with a real nice feature set. I will update the HOWTO, hopefully in the
>  > not to distant future when time permits and raid 1+ is not so alpha.
>
> Is it safe to assume 2.0.36 is more stable with 0.9x than
> with 0.42?

Don't know. I have not implemented 0.9x on my systems yet. All of the
0.36 kernals I run are non-raid. The last root raid (0.42) systems, three
of them, were built with 2.0.33 and have not been upgraded because the are
in production environments which "must" remain with stable code. I believe
there have been changes or enhancements to the kernel raid code starting
about 2.0.34 that may interfere with 0.42 The current kernels are wired
for 0.9x

Michael