Helge Hafting wrote:

> Why do you want to swap onto raid?
>
> Creating ordinary swap partitions with equal priority on
> several drives will achieve the same speedup as far as I know,
> as the kernel will spread swapping across all the swap partitions.
>
> This achieves the same speedup as raid-0 (striping)
>
> Helge Hafting

I want a mirrored (raid-1) system which is fail-safe. I am not
interested in speed.
If you simply have swap striped over disks, then when a disk fails the
whole system
will come down because part of virtual memory does not exist any more.
If you can
run swap on a mirror when one disk goes down the other still holds the
information
and the system continues running until you decide to shut it down to
replace the
failed disk.

Brian Murphy