Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:59:49 +0100 (BST), A James Lewis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
>
> > It wasn't a month ago that this was not possible because it needed
> > allocate memory for the raid and couldn't because it needed to swap
> > do it?  Was I imagining this or have you guys been working too hard!

> There may well have been a few possible deadlocks, but the current
> kswapd code is pretty careful to avoid them.  Things should be OK.
>
> --Stephen

So what must one use to swap over a soft-RAID1 partition ?

a standard 2.2.x kernel  or a 2.2.x kernel patched with the latest
alpha-raid patches ?

I want to use the alpha-patches because the raid 0145 driver has
hot-reconstruciton.

can one you you please explain us exactly which patches can do SWAP over

soft-RAID1 ?

thanks,

regards,
Benno.