> Hi again,
>     I have done a small test with a raid-1 swap partition. I have filled up
> memory so that the system swaps
> to the raid swap partition with a little test program and the system
> worked, top shows 800M of swap used
> and still going. Does this tell me that it will always work? Or are
there
> some special situations where it
> will still fail?

A lot of.

I've tested raid-1 swap partition with something like 20 users with kernel
compiling.....

ALL THE TIME my L.B. CRASH!!

Now I've it on production with raid-1 for all file system but without swap
partition.

IMHO soft raid-1 not working with swap is USELESS .. I mean is useless for
HA, maybe you can minimize your fault but you still not have a fault
tollerant system.

Luca Perugini
LinuxManShip
SysAdm at http://www.uisp.it