I've moved the PCI cards, and the cables are well withen spec (Max length is 12m
on LVD)  I have literally changed out all the hardware and the problem reoccurs,
yet another chain in the same box with the same equipment works perfectly.

I'm pondering trying 2.2.7 to see if that has any bearing.

---
Nick Vermeer                     Internet Express
Network Administator             1518 5th ave.
(309)736-8000                    Moline IL, 61265